Drug makers release new pharmaceuticals to the market each year, and these drugs go through a rigorous Food & Drug Administration (FDA) approval process. However, dangerous side effects frequently are undetected in clinical trials. In addition, off-label uses of prescription medications can also result in dangerous results.
The Nation’s Leading Drug Mass Tort Attorneys
- While these dangers may be unintentional, the conduct of pharmaceutical manufacturers is sometimes negligent or reckless, and the consequences to patients can be lifelong.
- Every year, pharmaceuticals cause millions of deaths and hospitalizations. In addition, studies have revealed that new prescription drugs have a 20 percent chance of causing serious side effects. Furthermore, the severity of these side effects are frequently not know for many years after FDA approval.
- For patients injured by defective drugs, a lawsuit is frequently the only way to be compensated for medical costs, lost income, injury and suffering, and the other costs associated with these devastating side effects.
Why Choose Us?
Our attorneys have the experience required to oppose large and powerful pharmaceutical manufacturers and their insurance companies. We do so by being relentless and by not being persuaded to settle for nominal damage amounts. Instead, we are among the few law firms in the country that are willing to spend the years and money necessary to take matters to trial.
- Pharmaceutical manufacturers and their attorneys always posture, by alleging no liability and no responsibility for injury. But most of them never, ever want the case to go to a jury because they are deathly afraid of bad jury verdicts. They know and we know that juries are humans, and humans are sensitive to the plight of the individuals who have been injured by bad drugs.
- The problem for many injured plaintiff’s is that many law firms don’t have the budget or the staff to take a lot of cases to trial each year, and the product makers attorneys know this. With this knowledge, pharmaceutical manufacturers and their attorneys can offer small settlement amounts to these law firms to make them and their clients “go away happy.”
- When pharmaceutical manufacturers and their counsel face our firm and our co-counsel attorneys, they are aware that we are not in a rush to settle any viable case, and in fact, we would prefer to bring the matter before a jury. Because of this, pharmaceutical manufacturers and their lawyers have to be prepared to write large checks to our clients to avoid trial. This is why we and our co-counsel law firms are among the nations preferred product liability law firms.